Monday, August 10, 2009

A good weekend in Fresno

Went to Fresno to hang with friends and decided to take my TREX with me. Came the closest to crashing than I ever have before but managed to get her horizontal for a harder-than-I-would-like landing on the training gear.

Managed to get some 90 degree flight in (pointed left) only on thr first flight as every other flight it was just way too windy to do anything other than "tail in" hovering for me but not outside what the heli could handle.

I think the scary part is when I am a few feet or maybe 5 feet off the ground and there is a sudden gust of with. You have to reduce head speed or the heli will move higher. But the slower the head speed thr harder she is to control.

This is how I almost crashed. I had her 6 feet in the air and despite the wind was sliding waaaaaay left and waaaaaaay right, nosing into the sweeps a little. But a strong gust hit it as I was moving a little too fast sweeping left an up it went. I had to greatly reduce throttle to bring her down, another strong wind gust and the heli starts to pitch over. I do my best to stay calm and try not to over react. Applying throttle and gettig her horizontal I was able to swing her around and plop on the training gear/skids. Ouch, but she was OK.

Other than that I finally cut my window and applied it to the canopy. Also added a few stickers so my bird isn't what I call a "plane white tee" any more.

- HeliDragon


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment