Thursday, July 30, 2009

Aaaaaalllmost done with my Align TREX 450XL.

Spent another 2 hours in the hobby shop yesterday. The owner is kind enough to help you get it setup if you build it yourself. Over all I think I did a good job building the heli, but I put a bunch of stuff on BACKWARDS! The Washout thing was upside down, the inner part of the stabilizer control cage was upside down and I had my tail fan pushing instead of pulling the blades. It was OK, but its better to pull than push. One thing I noticed before hand, on my own was the tail fan was spinning the wrong direction so I had to flip the belt. I upgraded the blade grips on the tail to aluminum while I was there because I stripped out the screw holes with the self tapping screw it came with.

After all that we programmed the Gyro & the ESC. The ESC is really nice & the Gyro is too, but I think it is going to need some more tweaking. I hope I don't regret getting the Logictech over the more expensive Futaba.

Tonight its really just a matter of some more gyro tweaking, and setting up all my pitch curves. It is possible for one as green as I to do all this stuff. But it would have taken a LOT longer. I was so desperate to fly something, I took out the Co-Axial heli last night and few 2 packs in a fairly dark back yard then logged about an hour on RealFlight g4.5 and went to bed way WAY too late.

With some luck the Heli will be flying this evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment