Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Still flying... Doing much better...

Well I am still terribly addicted to flying RC Helicopters. My newest and favorite Heli is the Align TREX 250. I was flying it in normal mode for a while and a few weeks ago graduated to idle up mode. I only get 5 and a half minutes of flight time but the 20c Turnigy batteries I am running manage the power load and are only a little warm after each flight.


Here is a picture of the airframe of a 250 I got. This is not my heli but mine looks just like this:

I installed the 250SE motor and 750 gryo from Align. 3 Hi-Tek HS65-HB cyclic servos and a JR290 rudder gyro. The little heli is perfectly balanced and the setup is great. I have +/- 10 degrees of pitch on the blades and great authority.
I am working on getting my 450 setup for idle up flight but a little worried about the cheapy ACE RC servos I have on it. I have been assured that the Logictech 2100T gyro I have on my 450 is good enough for the fun pyro's I am doing at speed and at 90 degrees.
Well that's it for now. Thanks for reading...
- HeliDragon

2 comments:

  1. So cool!
    Thanks for sharing!
    I own my
    Walkera ,it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also bought this RC Helicopter from an online store. I just love the performance it offers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete