Monday, August 31, 2009

Outdoor flight with new E-Flight Blade mSR at Bayside RC Club

Saturday (8/29/09) I took my TREX out to the Bayside RC Club in Fremont and was able to run 3 packs. Big thanks to someone who asks his name not be used on the internet. He knows who he is but I don't think he reads my blog. Him and Youtube user Sterling501 have been the biggest help of all out there.

It was 90+ degrees and overall gentle breeze with gusts from time to time. Was fun and challenging to fly in, especially when the wind decided to randomly change direction. Anyway was a good run for the TREX.

Right before everyone left I took out my E-Sky Blade mSR "BNF" and showed it off. It was a bit breezy but was able to fly it a bit and the video below was taken by "Sterling501" using his camera phone. Also handed it to Dante to tried it but it was not in the video. I have a LOT of feedback about the mSR that I will make in another post with a video review of the unit. I am hoping that this review I am working on will help folks who may have what I see are possible common issues that may crop up with this little 1oz (28 gram) fixed pitch heli. Video below and a big thanks to Sterling501 for filming and posting it. Sorry I could not embed it. so just a link. Remember to watch it in "HD".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igLMJFP4TOw

Sunday it was much MUCH cooler, I would say maybe 78 at the hottest point of the day. Sun was strong, but cool winds kept it very comfortable. Donned the sun block and was lucky enough to run 3 packs again (on my TREX) and even though I think it was about twice as windy as it was yesterday, I had a great time flying. I think I may want to dial my Pitch curve back a bit and bring up my head speed a little more. I want to do this to improve handling in wind but I am afraid to touch these settings as they can dramatically effect the way the helicopter flys. Now that I have it dialed in the new aluminum tail assembly is VERY smooth. Has a nice sound to it. A little sort of squeak, but not in a bad way. Also much quieter than the plastic assembly. I suspect it is the improved belt tensioner. Tail assembly is made from Align, Helimax and some other brand I have never heard of. Really don't like the bright blue anodized aluminum the Chinese parts use, much prefer a gun metal grey or the sort of muted blue that Align likes to use.

I think this brings me up to 32 flights and no crashes. This makes me really happy!! Thanks for reading.

- HeliDragon

No comments:

Post a Comment